With the new year, Michael and I have decided to set some new goals for ourselves. Hopefully, these goals help bring on some changes (for the better) this year. And no, this does not mean children. That's a hurdle we will jump in 2012.
We have set ourselves on a pretty tight budget so we can get most of our debt paid off quickly (besides my huge student loan which I will probably die with). Our hopes are to get our debt paid off and get some money in savings so we can buy a house in the next year or so. We are sick of living in an apartment and Cooper really needs a fenced yard to be able to run around whenever he wants. This is what I have in mind. :] Although, our budget may not agree...
The first thing I am looking forward to once we get our debt down is my new DSLR camera. I get SO excited everything I think about getting a new camera to play around with. I have always been interested in photography but never realized the difference an amazing camera could make. A few of my friends have been putting pictures up with their DSLR cameras and I am beginning to realize this could be a really sick and twisted obsessed for me. :] I will be like paparazzi with my nieces, nephews, the dog, etc. I've warned you all. Here is a picture of our camera:
In addition to a house, I would like to pay down a chunk on the G6 loan so we can get rid of it and get Michael whatever car he wants. I know he didn't want that car to begin with but we did it to be smart (financially) with his transmission blowing in his Cavalier. I would like to think we could get him a car by next summer (2012). My Nissan lease will be up in the winter of 2013 so that will give us over a year of payments on Michael's new car before I will have to look for a new one. We have already discussed getting an SUV for me so we can haul around children and put the dog in the very back since he is now a HUGE beast. [see picture below]
I know most people do not care about our debt or plan but when I see it in writing, it helps me follow through with our goals. I cannot wait to have a house of our own that we can renovate and decorate however we want to. In addition, I'll have an AWESOME camera by then to take some sweet pictures. :]
Here are some updated pictures of Cooper:




No comments:
Post a Comment