Well folks, I have officially completed my first year of teaching! :] I will never again be a "first year teacher" and it feels oddly comforting. When I look back at the past year I am amazed at the accomplishments I have made. My life is completely different than it was a year ago.
Let's recap the past year. A year ago I was:
:: finishing up student teaching/my LAMP unit
:: applying for jobs like crazy
:: planning a wedding
:: working as an assistant for Carmel Elementary.
In the past year, I have:
:: completed student teaching with excellent markings. :]
:: graduated college with a GPA of 3.5 overall and 3.9 in Education
:: planned a wedding
:: applied for 50+ teaching positions in Indiana
:: interviewed in Tennessee and was offered 6 positions!
:: moved out of state 2 days after my 23rd birthday
:: lived completely alone for 2 weeks
:: moved in with my fiance
:: married my best friend! ♥
:: honeymooned in Jamaica
:: fought with parents during IEP meetings (Special Ed talk)
:: won over all my coworkers
:: survived the most snow/flood days our county has seen in years.
:: successfully shown improvements and progress in ALL of my students. :)
:: graduated 10 of my 13 students to Kindergarten
:: became an aunt again (that makes 8 for me now and I'm lovin' it.)
What a crazy year I have had! Is it sad to say this past year has been the least stressful of my life? All throughout college I would stress over every single detail or assignment. However, once I knew I was getting paid for my hard work, I felt MUCH less stressed. If it hadn't been for moving out of state and the wedding, I may have been one laid back person last year.
Michael and I have now been married for 8 months and I can't believe how fast time is flying. I couldn't have asked for a better compliment to my personality. He's been a wonderful spouse and has been very supportive throughout the move and my job. I guess it's a good thing I still [kind of] like him, right? ;]
In the next year I would like to buy a house. However, that's not looking likely since we will not buy a house until we move back to Indiana and there are currently no relevant positions open in central Indy.
As for kids (since I'm sure someone will ask), we are STILL on the 3-4 year plan and then we plan on having 2 kids "rapid fire" as Michael says. We'll see how that goes. ;) He's not the one popping out those kiddos! For now, I'll just love on all my nieces, nephews, and preschoolers. ♥
Here are some pictures of my classroom and my nieces and nephews, etc.
My classroom and Opryland Hotel at Christmas:
My nieces and nephews: love them!








No comments:
Post a Comment