It's official... Michael and I got a PUPPY! :]
His name is Cooper Callahan Goodin and he is a purebred Black Labrador. He is 9 weeks old and completely and utterly full of [ ENERGY ]. He most definitely wears me out and has made me realize that we without a doubt are NOT ready for kids. Neither of us thought we were to begin with but this just solidified the decision.
We received him for free from my friend's cousin who happens to live down here in Tennessee. She told me the day I picked him up that he would have to be dewormed. I soon found out that he without a doubt, had worms. =( Poor guy. He was not up for any activity or play the first day and I think it was a mixture of being away from his mom for the first time and being sick. Along with worms, I found out he also has an intestinal parasite. The entire time we were at the vet he slept on the table. They gave him a shot, clipped his toenails, and poked around and all he did was lie on the table.
Now, he has been put on dewormer and another pill to kill the parasite. He bounces off the walls 6 hours a day and is beginning to learn the concept of potty training. The last 3 days we've only had 2 accidents! =) Yay!
In a way, I am extremely glad we decided to get a puppy while I was off for the summer. It's made it a lot easier to begin crate and house training him. On the other hand, me and him spend the ENTIRE day together and he is beginning to drive me NUTS when he wants to play 24/7. He'll nip at any body part he sees walking by him and barks just to hear the sound of his voice.
Despite his high energy and the fact that he was a complete pain in the butt today, I still love him VERY much. =)
Here's our boy:
No comments:
Post a Comment